Fabric Fire Retardants
Fire Retardant Features
- The products are water-based fire retardant penetrants.
- The products are designed for use on most types of natural or synthetic fabrics including cotton and many blends.
- The products are colorless, non-staining, inert, non-conductive, odorless, and neutrally charged.
- The proprietary active ingredients of these products contribute to flame resistance by melting below flaming temperatures and then re-solidifying into a crystalline form of a carbon (char) that acts as a barrier between the fabric surface and the flame.
Fire Retardant Advantages
- The Fabric Seal Fire Retardant series consists of aqueous solutions containing a blend of proprietary active ingredients.
- No polybrominated diphenyl ethers are in the composition.
- Fabric Seal products will decrease fire and smoke evolution, providing resistance to flameless combustion, referred to as afterglow.
- Properly applied to fabrics, when exposed to heat and flame, Fabric Seal products form a carbon char that resists fire, heat, and smoke.
Fire Retardant Benefits
- The Fire Retardant Products are free of PBDE’s and Non-Toxic.
- Reduces the effect of Heat and Smoke without Flame propagation.
- Easy and Flexible Product Applications.
- No Halogen Donor Required.
Fire Retardant Product Versions
Fire Retardant Testing Certifications
Specific Product Fire Testing Information
Passed – No Flame