Paper Seal Concentrate™ is a liquid flame retardant penetrant designed for use on most types of paper and paperboard including corrugated board, wallboard, pressed board, and even decorative paper for schools, weddings, and art galleries. Paper Seal Concentrate™ is an aqueous solution containing a blend of proprietary active ingredients. Properly applied to paper or paperboard, when exposed to heat and flame, Paper Seal Concentrate™ forms a carbon char that resists fire, heat, and smoke. Paper Seal Concentrate™ is a non-toxic and environmentally friendly product passing NFPA 701 Flame Propagation of Textile and Films.
Paper Seal Concentrate™ Documents
|Paper Seal™ Concentrate||NFPA-701||300-400 ft2|
Paper Seal C™ should be diluted 1: 1 with water – yielding Paper Seal™ – before normal use. The recommended coverage rate is 300 – 400 ft2 per gallon after dilution, for common applications. Most paper materials, properly treated with this product, will meet the NFPA 701 requirements. Paper Seal™ must penetrate paper bers and be allowed to thoroughly dry to be e ective. Sealed or coated paper is not treatable by Paper Seal™ . It is recommended that a small sample be tested for penetration and color fastness before full-scale application. Wet the paper thoroughly, then allow to air dry or force dry with moving air and/or heat. Paper Seal™ may be utilized in the paper making process by adding the product in the slurry, typically when the moisture content is below 40%. This product may be used on card board products, wall board, pressed board and most types of paper.
FEATURES – TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Water based fire retardant penetrant.
- Designed for use on most types of paper and paperboard including corrugated board, wallboard, and pressed board.
- Colorless, non-staining, inert, odorless, and have a neutral ph range.
- The proprietary active ingredients of these products contribute to flame resistance by melting below flaming temperatures and then re-solidifying into a crystalline form of a carbon (char) that acts as a barrier between the paper or paperboard surface and the flame.
ADVANTAGES – PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
- Aqueous fire retardant solutions containing a blend of proprietary active ingredients.
- No polybrominated diphenyl ethers are in the composition.
- Decrease fire and smoke evolution, providing resistance to flameless combustion, referred to as afterglow.
- Properly applied to paper or paperboard, when exposed to heat and flame, Paper Seal™ forms a carbon char that resists fire, heat, and smoke.
- Free of PDBE’s and Non-Toxic.
- Reduces the effect of Heat and Smoke without Flame propagation.
- Easy and Flexible Product Applications.
- No Halogen Donor Required.
HOW MUCH PAPER SEAL™ IS REQUIRED TO TREAT THE SUBSTRATE?
In general, on most paper products the fire retardant coverage rate should be 300-400 square feet per gallon, depending upon the results desired. It is recommended that the substrate being treated be tested on a small scale prior to general application. To test the paper for Fire Resistance, apply the Paper Seal™ to a small piece of the paper being treated, allow drying and try to ignite the paper with a flame. If the paper blackens but does not burn, the product is functioning as intended.
WILL PAPER SEAL™ PROTECT THE PAPER FROM FIRE?
No. Proper application of Paper Seal™ will not prevent charring, but treated items will not support ignition. On partially treated paper the treated portion will self-extinguish.
DOES PAPER SEAL™ WORK ON ALL PAPER?
No. Paper Seal™ only works on items that are absorbent – No wax seal or coating. An easy test is to apply a drop of Paper Seal™ to the surface of the material. If the product penetrates into the paper, the items can likely be treated with Paper Seal™.
IS PAPER SEAL™ SAFE TO USE ON COLORED PAPER?
Usually, but check a small piece or inconspicuous area for color fastness before applying to large projects.
HOW OFTEN DOES PAPER SEAL™ NEED TO BE REAPPLIED?
Once the paper is treated with Paper Seal™ the product does not need to be reapplied.